Social distancing is a non-pharmaceutical infection prevention and control intervention implemented to avoid/decrease contact between those who are infected with a disease causing pathogen and those who are not, so as to stop or slow down the rate and extent of disease transmission in a community. This eventually leads to decrease in spread, morbidity and mortality due to the disease.
In public health, social distancing, also called physical distancing, is a set of non-pharmaceutical interventions or measures intended to prevent the spread of a contagious disease by maintaining a physical distance between people and reducing the number of times people come into close contact with each other. It typically involves keeping a certain distance from others (the distance specified may differ from time to time and country to country) and avoiding gathering together in large groups. By reducing the probability that a given uninfected person will come into physical contact with an infected person, the disease transmission can be suppressed, resulting in fewer deaths. The measures are used in combination with good respiratory hygiene and hand washing by a population. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the World Health Organization (WHO) suggested favoring the term “physical distancing” as opposed to “social distancing”, in keeping with the fact that it is a physical distance which prevents transmission; people can remain socially connected via technology. To slow down the spread of infectious diseases and avoid overburdening healthcare systems, particularly during a pandemic, several social-distancing measures are used, including the closing of schools and workplaces, isolation, quarantine, restricting the movement of people and the cancellation of mass gatherings
Social distancing is maintained to stop the spread of virus and infections. You should avoid close contact with anyone you do not live with. That is called social distancing. It means avoiding crowded, public places where close contact with others is likely. It leads to cancelling events and gathering of more than 10 people and closing shops, restaurants and bars. It is essential way to slow dowm the spread of virus among each other. It is important that you follow social distancing recommendations in your community, weather you’re in one of the high-risk group or not.
Social distancing is important because:
- It helps slow down the spread of the virus from asymptomatic people and people who do not known that they have contracted it.
- It is the only way to break chain of contagion
- It protects you from getting the virus and becoming sick. The impact of social distancing is greater than personal safety alone. It protects your loved ones.
- It is a proven means of reducing deaths in a pandemic
- It reduces the basic reproduction number, known as the “R naught”. The R naught represents the average number of people who can be infected by one person, and it can increase and decrease depending on the rate of spread.
- If everyone does their part and practices social (physical) distancing to slow the rate of COVID-19 spread, it will give hospitals a fighting chance to continue to have room, necessary supplies and health care providers for all patients who need care.
Here is how you can practice social (physical) distancing
- Stay home as much as possible
- Work from home if you can
- Exercise at home or outside
- Use food delivery services or online shopping
- Limit your trips out of the house
- Go outside for essential trips only such as groceries, work and exercise
- Keep a distance of 2 metres (6 feet) from others
- Greet others with a wave, a bow or a nod (in place of handshakes or hugs)
- Sanitize or wash your hands when entering and exiting buildings
- No more than three people per elevator and use an elbow to press buttons if you can
- Avoid long lineups and maintain space between others in line
- Use tap to pay rather than handling money
- If taking public transit, avoid prolonged close contact with others:
- Travel during non-peak hours
- Take shorter trips rather than one long trip
- Use technology to keep in touch with family, friends and coworkers
- Use programs like Skype, Zoom and FaceTime to connect
- Conduct virtual meetings
- Host virtual playdates for your kids
- Keep up with everyday hygiene actions
- Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Cough or sneeze into the bend of your arm (elbow)
- Regularly clean high-touch surfaces in your home
As schools close, as workers are asked to stay home, and as concerts and sports events are put on hold in an attempt to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus that the World Health Organization has declared a pandemic, the practice of social distancing is having a collateral benefit- that is helping ecosystem. As social distancing and travel restrictions, many people are not flying and have drastically reduced time they spend in cars. And as they say “any time you can avoid getting on a plane, getting in a car or eating animal products, that’s substantial climate shaving”. Larger impact is felt when we stop flying. Fewer airplanes in the sky dramatically reduce the amount of greenhouse gas emissions people create. With more nation going into lockdown, demand for air travel, oil and electricity could continue to drop. Air pollution has dropped substantially due to reduction in traffic since social distancing policies were implemented. Aimed the outbreak of the Corona virus, people all over the world are cutting back on travel and spending time in home. These helps in decline in air pollution and the emission of greenhouse gases.
Social distancing reduced transportation emissions as schools and universities are temporarily closed. Employees are doing work from home. Conferences and concerts are being cancelled. One unexpected benefit to this otherwise phantasmagorical series of global events is the positive impact global self-isolation and social distancing is living on the environment.
SafeSpace is a unique social distancing tool that can be worn on the wrist or clipped to a belt and provides an intelligent, proactive social distancing solution, that will help us to get ‘boots back on the ground’ whilst keeping the workforce safe. It does this by providing real-time audible, visual and vibrating alerts when a device identifies another within 2 metres of itself.
It is a unique social distancing tool that can be worn on the wrist or clipped to a belt and provides real-time audible, visual and vibrating alerts when a device identifies another similar device within 2 metres of itself.
The non-bulky, wearable technology can last for more than 12 hours on a single charge, and will help to create a culture of spatial awareness and drive positive behavioural change, protecting employees and helping them to follow government protocols. SafeSpace enables contractors to guarantee the safety and welfare of their workforce, while at the same time ramping up delivery to meet the challenging opportunities being presented in highway maintenance and construction.
Safespace is a Safety technology service provider. It is a location safety system for urban transport. It is a safety system that qualifies, secures and monitors travellers for zero contagion during travel and beyond. During a pandemic situation verifying and qualifying passengers, keeping them separate during all time and securing zones for correct occupancy ratio, queue management I is only way to bring back the world order of community and Safespace helps in this process efficiently.
Products of Safespace is Counter system which limit the entry in a space QADAM sensor, Cono wearable is a system who alerts, distance monitors using their quick sensors, smart monitors servers which monitor access and monitors movements, ML Omnicloud is a core brain which applies all the algorithms and workflows, Corerock admin platform is the place that add metros, buses, timing and others, Cono users app known as security centre to keep and feel secures and becoming a quick qualified visitors/traveller.
Safespace provides services for standard and customized application and projects. It is a technology which has IOE: the core sensors which collect all the data and alerts, Pervasive computing: Making access, qualifying and sanitization on auto mode, Integration platform: Add your existing systems in a whisker, AR & Machine Learning: The augmented systems to model space and collect probabilistic data from visual, Cloud Backend: All automations can be pushed on the fly from distance, and Emergency Management: A dedicated team to handle emergency.
For more Details:
Contact no:- 919654677057