Social distancing is a non-pharmaceutical infection prevention and control intervention implemented to avoid/decrease contact between those who are infected with a disease causing pathogen and those who are not, so as to stop or slow down the rate and extent of disease transmission in a community. This eventually leads to decrease in spread, morbidity and mortality due to the disease.
In public health, social distancing, also called physical distancing, is a set of non-pharmaceutical interventions or measures intended to prevent the spread of a contagious disease by maintaining a physical distance between people and reducing the number of times people come into close contact with each other. It typically involves keeping a certain distance from others (the distance specified may differ from time to time and country to country) and avoiding gathering together in large groups. By reducing the probability that a given uninfected person will come into physical contact with an infected person, the disease transmission can be suppressed, resulting in fewer deaths. The measures are used in combination with good respiratory hygiene and hand washing by a population. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the World Health Organization (WHO) suggested favoring the term “physical distancing” as opposed to “social distancing”, in keeping with the fact that it is a physical distance which prevents transmission; people can remain socially connected via technology. To slow down the spread of infectious diseases and avoid overburdening healthcare systems, particularly during a pandemic, several social-distancing measures are used, including the closing of schools and workplaces, isolation, quarantine, restricting the movement of people and the cancellation of mass gatherings
Social distancing is maintained to stop the spread of virus and infections. You should avoid close contact with anyone you do not live with. That is called social distancing. It means avoiding crowded, public places where close contact with others is likely. It leads to cancelling events and gathering of more than 10 people and closing shops, restaurants and bars. It is essential way to slow dowm the spread of virus among each other. It is important that you follow social distancing recommendations in your community, weather you’re in one of the high-risk group or not.
Social distancing is important because:
- It helps slow down the spread of the virus from asymptomatic people and people who do not known that they have contracted it.
- It is the only way to break chain of contagion
- It protects you from getting the virus and becoming sick. The impact of social distancing is greater than personal safety alone. It protects your loved ones.
- It is a proven means of reducing deaths in a pandemic
- It reduces the basic reproduction number, known as the “R naught”. The R naught represents the average number of people who can be infected by one person, and it can increase and decrease depending on the rate of spread.
- If everyone does their part and practices social (physical) distancing to slow the rate of COVID-19 spread, it will give hospitals a fighting chance to continue to have room, necessary supplies and health care providers for all patients who need care.
Here is how you can practice social (physical) distancing
- Stay home as much as possible
- Work from home if you can
- Exercise at home or outside
- Use food delivery services or online shopping
- Limit your trips out of the house
- Go outside for essential trips only such as groceries, work and exercise
- Keep a distance of 2 metres (6 feet) from others
- Greet others with a wave, a bow or a nod (in place of handshakes or hugs)
- Sanitize or wash your hands when entering and exiting buildings
- No more than three people per elevator and use an elbow to press buttons if you can
- Avoid long lineups and maintain space between others in line
- Use tap to pay rather than handling money
- If taking public transit, avoid prolonged close contact with others:
- Travel during non-peak hours
- Take shorter trips rather than one long trip
- Use technology to keep in touch with family, friends and co-workers
- Use programs like Skype, Zoom and FaceTime to connect
- Conduct virtual meetings
- Host virtual playdates for your kids
- Keep up with everyday hygiene actions
- Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Cough or sneeze into the bend of your arm (elbow)
- Regularly clean high-touch surfaces in your home
Some different Technology products for social distancing are:
- Samsung GreatUP smart watch app:
They’ve leveraged their innovative wearable technology and development expertise to create the Samsung GearUP smartwatch app that helps you keep your employees safe and productive in the workplace across various industries. As a proprietary app, it integrates seamlessly with the Samsung Galaxy Watch smartwatch, addressing worker productivity, safety and social distancing measures through real-time communications and location services. And you can boost efficiency through task management and employee monitoring to help address fatigue and stress. Samsung’s proprietary wearable app delivers an end-to-end solution to address lone worker safety, workplace efficiency and social distancing measures. It Keeps your employee safe by helping to ensure they remain outside of geo-fenced danger zones, and by accessing their latest location in the case of an emergency. It Send alerts to your employees’ personal wearable safety devices in the event of an emergency and maintain accountability for every employee during an evacuation.
- Proximity trace:
Proximity trace Social Distancing and Contact Tracing Solution Triax has engineered a solution to combat the challenges that all essential workforces, and businesses eager to get back to work, are facing in the time of COVID-19. The main device of Proximity Trace, the TraceTag, is affixed to any hardhat or lanyard for proximity detection and contact tracing. Together we can keep people safer during the active crisis and help individuals get back to work safely as things stabilize. Their goal is to :
- Provide a proactive system to support and condition workers to comply with social distancing
- Limit the number of Subject 1s but also be able to identify them automatically when necessary
- Passively collect worker interactions and duration to automate and digitize contact tracing efforts
- Provide the information needed to guide COVID-19 protocols at essential facilities
- Help businesses get back to normal operations with an easy-to-implement, user-friendly solution
- Arm businesses with a solution that supports measures to limit the spread of infection
- EGOpro Social Distancing:
It measures interpersonal distance and warning of danger between people approaching (Vibration TAG). When the operator exceeds the minimum safety distance limit, the TAG worn by both people vibrates, warning of the contagion danger. With EGOpro Social Distancing you can prepare your company to return to normality, working safely. EGOpro Social Distancing is managed by the EGOpro Keystone software, WB Based and Multisite softwareplatform. At this time and for a long time it will be essential to keep the right distances and avoid gatherings especially in places such as, companies, public structures, supermarkets, etc.
- LASE PeCo:
LASE PeCo has specialized in using multiple technologies to monitor passenger frequency in industrial, municipal and entertainment locations for more than 25 years. LASE Pe(ople)Co(unter) uses standalone 3D cameras to measure how many people are in a small space, such as an art gallery. For larger locations, like food courts or college campuses, LASE PeCo deploys its laser solution that uses a laser grid system to measure the number of people within the open space. The PeCo software is highly customizable and can send alerts via email or text to managers. This software can also be integrated with gates, doors or alarms to notify people in the area when there is too much crowding or the area has reached maximum capacity.
There’s an app called 1point5 made by the United Nations, which notifies users when someone enters their 1.5 metres radius. The app is available on both Google Play Store and Apple App Store. Developed by the United Nations Technology Innovation Labs (UNTIL), 1point5 app helps you maintain social distancing. The app scans for nearby mobile devices via Bluetooth and warns users when a device enters the 1.5-meter perimeter. 1point5 app tracks Bluetooth signal of nearby devices and alerts you when a device enters your minimum distance mark. Others do not need to have the app installed but their Bluetooth needs to be turned on or else the app will not pick up the presence of that person
- mContain app:
mContain is a free mobile app to help track social distancing during a virus outbreak. It Uses smartphone technology to detect proximity encounters (within 6 feet for several minutes) with other app users, displays the number of daily proximity encounters and crowding, and can notify other users about possible exposures to COVID-19 individuals. It Reduces the chance of community transmission by providing social crowding information and sending an early warning to users who may be at risk of infection. The mContain app is also currently available only for Android users. It will soon be launched for iOS users. This app uses Bluetooth to notify users to maintain social distancing. Apart from this, the Daily Proximity Encounter is displayed on this app, which lets the user know how many people have been close to him every day.
Safepace is great safety technology product of Adstuck which is a digital marketing practice marketing campaign agency working from all over the world with four locations India, Singapore, Estonia and US. Its mission is to provide instant access to a talented workforce to enterprise.
SafeSpace is a unique social distancing tool that can be worn on the wrist or clipped to a belt and provides an intelligent, proactive social distancing solution, that will help us to get ‘boots back on the ground’ whilst keeping the workforce safe. It does this by providing real-time audible, visual and vibrating alerts when a device identifies another within 2 metres of itself.
It is a non-bulky, wearable technology that can last for more than 12 hours on a single charge, and will help to create a culture of spatial awareness and drive positive behavioural change, protecting employees and helping them to follow government protocols. SafeSpace enables contractors to guarantee the safety and welfare of their workforce, while at the same time ramping up delivery to meet the challenging opportunities being presented in highway maintenance and construction.
Safespace is a Safety technology service provider. It is a location safety system for urban transport. It is a safety system that qualifies, secures and monitors travellers for zero contagion during travel and beyond. During a pandemic situation verifying and qualifying passengers, keeping them separate during all time and securing zones for correct occupancy ratio, queue management I is only way to bring back the world order of community and Safespace helps in this process efficiently.
Products of Safespace are:
- Counter system which limit the entry in a space QADAM sensor
- Cono wearable is a system who alerts distance monitors using their quick sensors, smart monitors servers which monitor access and monitors movements
- ML Omnicloud is a core brain which applies all the algorithms and workflows
- Corerock admin platform is the place that add metros, buses, timing and others
- Cono user’s app known as security centre to keep and feel secures and becoming a quick qualified visitors/traveller.
Safespace provides services for standard and customized application and projects. It is a technology which has
- IOE: the core sensors which collect all the data and alerts
- Pervasive computing: Making access, qualifying and sanitization on auto mode
- Integration platform: Add your existing systems in a whisker
- AR & Machine Learning: The augmented systems to model space and collect probabilistic data from visual
- Cloud Backend: All automations can be pushed on the fly from distance
- Emergency Management: A dedicated team to handle emergency.
For more Details:
Contact no:- 919654677057