What is social distancing?
Social distancing is a non-pharmaceutical infection prevention and control intervention implemented to avoid/decrease contact between those who are infected with a disease causing pathogen and those who are not, so as to stop or slow down the rate and extent of disease transmission in a community. This eventually leads to decrease in spread, morbidity and mortality due to the disease.
In public health, social distancing, also called physical distancing, is a set of non-pharmaceutical interventions or measures intended to prevent the spread of a contagious disease by maintaining a physical distance between people and reducing the number of times people come into close contact with each other. It typically involves keeping a certain distance from others (the distance specified may differ from time to time and country to country) and avoiding gathering together in large groups. By reducing the probability that a given uninfected person will come into physical contact with an infected person, the disease transmission can be suppressed, resulting in fewer deaths. The measures are used in combination with good respiratory hygiene and hand washing by a population. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the World Health Organization (WHO) suggested favouring the term “physical distancing” as opposed to “social distancing”, in keeping with the fact that it is a physical distance which prevents transmission; people can remain socially connected via technology. To slow down the spread of infectious diseases and avoid overburdening healthcare systems, particularly during a pandemic, several social-distancing measures are used, including the closing of schools and workplaces, isolation, quarantine, restricting the movement of people and the cancellation of mass gatherings
Social distancing is maintained to stop the spread of virus and infections. You should avoid close contact with anyone you do not live with. That is called social distancing. It means avoiding crowded, public places where close contact with others is likely. It leads to cancelling events and gathering of more than 10 people and closing shops, restaurants and bars. It is essential way to slow down the spread of virus among each other. It is important that you follow social distancing recommendations in your community, weather you’re in one of the high-risk group or not.
Why Social Distancing is important?
Social distancing is important because:
- It helps slow down the spread of the virus from asymptomatic people and people who do not known that they have contracted it.
- It is the only way to break chain of contagion
- It protects you from getting the virus and becoming sick. The impact of social distancing is greater than personal safety alone. It protects your loved ones.
- It is a proven means of reducing deaths in a pandemic
- It reduces the basic reproduction number, known as the “R naught”. The R naught represents the average number of people who can be infected by one person, and it can increase and decrease depending on the rate of spread.
- If everyone does their part and practices social (physical) distancing to slow the rate of COVID-19 spread, it will give hospitals a fighting chance to continue to have room, necessary supplies and health care providers for all patients who need care.
As we all know this is a time of social distancing and everyone reacts differently to these situations. For those who already enjoyed spending long periods of time in the house and have myriad home-based hobbies, this “new normal” is – at least for now – a surreal dream come true. But for others, those who prefer or are accustomed to the on-the-move lifestyle, it will be a challenging time.
If you’re wondering what to do to keep yourself mentally healthy and adequately busy during this time, read on.
Here is a list of things you can do while social distancing
- Make list of things you always wanted to do: it’s a best time to invest on each and everything you always wanted to do. Maybe your list will be a list of books to read or a list of shows to binge. Whatever it is, writing it down can be a good way to give you some structure.
- Practice self care: Self-careis not just about your mental health. It’s also about caring for your physical self, by eating healthy, taking adequate sleep, caring about your hygiene, exercising regularly, etc. Practicing self-care isn’t always easy. Most of us are crazy busy, have stressful jobs, or are too consumed with technology to make time for ourselves. Me-time is usually last on the agenda.
- Learn a craft: A craft or trade is a pastime or a profession that requires particular skills and knowledge of skilled work. Through arts and craft, children learn to value and appreciate artifacts and images across cultures and times. Experience in design, art, and crafts enable them to reflect critically on their own work and those by others.
- Learn a new language: The advantages of learning new languages are mushrooming as the world becomes increasingly globalized and bilingualism is now perhaps the most useful real world skill to ever exist, rather than just being a nifty party trick.
- Start a vegetable and herb garden: Starting an herb garden is one of the easiest things you can do. Growing herbs is an easy and delicious way to start gardening.
- Be socially active: Stay socially activethrough work, volunteer activities, travel, hobbies, family and friends. Be open to new experiences. Staying activeand involved with life sends healthy messages to your brain and body. Being involved with others also helps to reduce stress, boost mood and keep relationships strong
- Start reading: Start to read again if you haven’t read a book in a while. Besides being a great way to escape and unwind, reading increases your knowledge, focus, and worldview as a business owner. It also gives you something interesting to talk about when you’re networking. In short, reading is beneficial in both your personal and professional lives.
- If reading is not your thing then try audio book: We love listening to ’em on our commutes. While we’re cleaning the house. While we’re running. Or, even while we’re cooking. It’s a lot of time for audiobook listening.
- Start meditation: Meditation is a practice where an individual uses a technique – such as mindfulness, or focusing the mind on a particular object, thought, or activity – to train attention and awareness, and achieve a mentally clear and emotionally calm and stable state. Mental and physical stress cause increased levels of the stress hormone cortisol. This produces many of the harmful effects of stress, such as the release of inflammation-promoting chemicals called cytokines
- Start or update your journal regularly: By writingdown your grievances, problems and questions, you will be able to read through them and think through them more clearly. With a diary, you don’t have to keep everything bottled up inside. You can express how you are feeling and work through your thoughts and problems with your own words.
- Start work-out at home: By working out at home, you control when class starts and ends. You no longer have to rearrange your schedule around child care or your favorite class. Sometimes the stress of doing that makes us need a workouteven more! You can fit in workouts at homewhen you have time and work out in shifts if you need to
- Boost your general knowledge: General awareness is valued information regarding the social interests of society, community or nation gathered from a range of various media platforms. There are numerous ways by which one can improve its General knowledge. Hence it would be accurate to say that general knowledge covers almost all the aspects of human life.
- Take time to be entirely unproductive: You probably already tried everything you can to become more productive. Some things worked and some did not. Now it is time to try to be completely unproductive. It’s much simpler than you think!
- Start keeping your keeping your finance journal for yourself: Journalentries are the foundation for all other financial reports. They provide important information that are used by auditors to analyze how financial transactions impact a business. The journalized entries are then posted to the general ledger.
- Organize your notes: You’ll need organized notesfor studying for exams, for writing essays, and for keeping track of work decisions and assignments. Keeping them organized will not only help you with these tasks, but it will also help you remember yourmaterial more easily.
- Learn at least survival cooking: No one expects you to cook, but there are very good reasons that one should have some rudimentary cooking First reason, cookingis a survival skill, a very important one. Cooking was first developed in order to feed people, keeping them alive.
- If you are interested in technical things then learn coding: If you are interested in technical things then learn coding: there is no denying that technology now dominates a huge amount of different industries. Being computer literate just won’t cut it anymore in the world of work. And learning to code seems to be the buzzword at the moment.
- Join different webinar: The word ‘webinar’ is a blend of ‘web’ and ‘seminar’. A webinar is an event held on the internet which is attended exclusively by an online audience. This distinguishes it from a webcast, which also includes the presence of a physical audience.
- Take online photography classes: Photography has become so popular, mainly because of the inclusion of cameras on mobile phones, so it’s more difficult for your photos to be noticed. But, if you learn a little more about photography your photos will be more likely to stand out from the crowd.
- Start your YouTube channel or Instagram page or your own blog: Starting a YouTube channel for your business isn’t just a good idea. It may be one of the most important short-term and long-term decisions you’ll make in terms of your larger marketing efforts. This is true for a huge variety of different reasons. With the rise of social media and influencer culture, it seems like blogging has reached its peak. No longer limited to niche hobbies, almost everyone has a blog now in some form or another.
There are various technology products which are helping people to maintain social distancing of certain distance at work or another place. Safespace is one of them.
Safepace is great safety technology product of Adstuck which is a digital marketing practice marketing campaign agency working from all over the world with four locations India, Singapore, Estonia and US. Its mission is to provide instant access to a talented workforce to enterprise.
SafeSpace is a unique social distancing tool that can be worn on the wrist or clipped to a belt and provides an intelligent, proactive social distancing solution, that will help us to get ‘boots back on the ground’ whilst keeping the workforce safe. It does this by providing real-time audible, visual and vibrating alerts when a device identifies another within 2 metres of itself.
It is a non-bulky, wearable technology that can last for more than 12 hours on a single charge, and will help to create a culture of spatial awareness and drive positive behavioural change, protecting employees and helping them to follow government protocols. SafeSpace enables contractors to guarantee the safety and welfare of their workforce, while at the same time ramping up delivery to meet the challenging opportunities being presented in highway maintenance and construction.
Safespace is a Safety technology service provider. It is a location safety system for urban transport. It is a safety system that qualifies, secures and monitors travellers for zero contagion during travel and beyond. During a pandemic situation verifying and qualifying passengers, keeping them separate during all time and securing zones for correct occupancy ratio, queue management I is only way to bring back the world order of community and Safespace helps in this process efficiently.
Products of Safespace are:
- Counter system which limit the entry in a space QADAM sensor
- Cono wearable is a system who alerts distance monitors using their quick sensors, smart monitors servers which monitor access and monitors movements
- ML Omnicloud is a core brain which applies all the algorithms and workflows
- Corerock admin platform is the place that add metros, buses, timing and others
- Cono user’s app known as security centre to keep and feel secures and becoming a quick qualified visitors/traveller.
Safespace provides services for standard and customized application and projects. It is a technology which has
- IOE: the core sensors which collect all the data and alerts
- Pervasive computing: Making access, qualifying and sanitization on auto mode
- Integration platform: Add your existing systems in a whisker
- AR & Machine Learning: The augmented systems to model space and collect probabilistic data from visual
- Cloud Backend: All automations can be pushed on the fly from distance
- Emergency Management: A dedicated team to handle emergency.
For more Details:
Contact no:- 919654677057