“The work of a tailor is to gather the raw material, find matching threads, cut the cloth in desired shape and measurement, finally sew the cloth in the desired design and deliver it to the customer.”
Advertising Agency is just like a tailor. It creates the ads, plans when, how and where it should be delivered and hands it over to the client. Advertising agencies are mostly not dependent on any organizations.
A firm which is in providing services of advertisement for clients to create knowledge and do marketing for them is known as advertising agency. These agencies involve people with specialized skills and knowledge who are well versed in marketing, advertising and consumer behavior. Therefore, an advertising agency is a specialized organization helping its clients to adopt advertising for marketing their goods and services in most effective manner.
Definition of Advertising Agency:
Philip Kotler opines that “Advertising agency is a marketing service firm that assists its clients in planning, preparing, implementing and evaluating various activities of advertising campaign.”
Another view expressed by Rozer and Borton is that “Advertising agency is a group of persons who are pros in advertising. It includes ad copywriters, ad designers, media selectors and advisors for different advertising issues”.
Ad agencies employ a wide range of advertising strategies to create marketing campaigns tailored to their clients’ needs. Ad agencies can range from small, home-based businesses to corporate franchises with departments for market research, account management and sales, copywriting and graphic design. Ad agencies work closely and personally with the client to gather information, understand their needs and pitch their campaign ideas followed by the creative process of actually making and distributing the ads.
From the above definitions, the common features can be identified as:
- Advertising agency is an independent business organization.
- Agency provides services to its clients who are searching customers for their goods and services basically do marketing for them.
- Agency employs the experts, researchers etc.
- Agency performs the functions like planning, implementation of campaign, research, follow up advertisement, measuring effectiveness of various media for its clients.
- It charges fees, service charges and commission from its clients for providing the service.
It is to be noted that an advertising agency is an independent business organization independently owned, and not owned by advertisers or media or suppliers—which brings a different opinion or solution to the clients’ problems made more valuable by experience with other clients’ sales problems in other fields. It is independent of the clients so as to be always an advocate of advertising (seeking to apply advertising to help clients grow and prosper); it is independent of media and suppliers so as to be unbiased in serving its clients (the sellers of goods and services).
An advertising agency is consists of creative and business people—the writers and artists, showmen and market analysts, media analysts, merchandising and research people, advertising specialists of all sorts. But with all this, they are business people, running an independent business, financially responsible, applying their creative skills to help their client solve their marketing related problems. These people develop, prepare, and place advertising in advertising media, seeking in every way they can to apply advertising to advance their clients’ business. Everything that goes before and everything that comes after the advertisement is preparation of advertising follow up to help make it succeed all this is included in advertising. The agency does this, not for itself, but for sellers’ goods and services. To prepare and place advertising—successful advertising for the advertiser—is the primary moto of the advertising agency.
Role of Advertising Agencies
- Creating an advertise on the basis of information gathered about product
- Doing research on the company and the product and reactions of the customers.
- Planning for type of media to be used, when and where to be used, and for how much time to be used.
- Taking the feedbacks from the clients as well as the customers and then deciding the further line of action
All companies can do this work by themselves. They can make ads, print or advertise them on televisions or other media places; they can manage the accounts also. Then why do they need advertising agencies? The reasons behind hiring the advertising agencies by the companies are:
- The agencies are expert in this field. They have a team of different people for different functions like copywriters, art directors, planners, etc.
- The agencies make optimum use of these people, their experience and their knowledge.
- They work with an objective and are very professionals.
- Hiring them leads in saving the costs up to some extent.
Types of advertising agencies
There are basically 5 types of advertising agencies.
- Full service Agencies
- Large size agencies.
- Deals with all stages of advertisement.
- Different expert people for different departments.
- Starts work from gathering data and analysing and ends on payment of bills to the media people.
- Interactive Agencies
- Modernized modes of communication are used.
- Uses online advertisements, sending personal messages on mobile phones, etc.
- The ads produced are very interactive, having very new concepts, and very innovative.
- Creative Boutiques
- Very creative and innovative ads.
- No other function is performed other than creating actual ads.
- Small sized agencies with their own copywriters, directors, and creative people.
- Media Buying Agencies
- Buys place for advertise and sells it to the advertisers.
- Sells time in which advertisement will be placed.
- Schedules slots at different television channels and radio stations.
- Finally supervises or checks whether the ad has been telecasted at opted time and place or not.
- In-House Agencies
- As good as the full service agencies.
- Big organization prefers these type of agencies which are in built and work only for them.
- These agencies work as per the requirements of the organizations.
Top ad agencies in Denver
Metric Theory: Metric Theory is a performance digital marketing agency with offices in San Francisco, New York City, Denver, Orange County, and Salt Lake City.
They have managed $500MM+ in ad spend for clients like GoFundMe, Carvana, Too Faced, Personal Capital, and more than 400 others.
They have worked with companies of all shapes and sizes, and specialize in driving results for B2B technology companies, direct-to-consumer brands, consumer app companies, large ecommerce sites, and fast growing start-ups. Every client is paired with a specialized team familiar with their unique industry and business challenges. We speak your language. They’re numbers-obsessed, growth-obsessed, and we love working with clients and other digital marketers who are too.
Flow Stake Marketing: Flow Stake Marketing is a digital and branding agency creating impactful design and branding solutions. At the heart of their philosophy and process is powerful collaboration, both within our agency and in their client partnerships. They are all about transparency and respect for our clients, which helps them to deliver outstanding products and services.
As a team of driven and hard-working doers, they are not afraid of complex problems – in fact, they thrive on finding creative solutions, and are inspired by opportunities to learn, take on new challenges, and expand our abilities.
Founded and proud to operate in Denver Colorado, they are one of only a handful of hybrid branding and creative agencies in the country. That means they are uniquely positioned to partner with our business to achieve your goals, whether that be a new website, brand strategy, or brand asset or packaging design. They work collaboratively with our team to find the creative and technical solutions your business needs to grow and thrive.
The Brandsmen: The Brandsmen provide marketing and branding services including:
- Website Design
- Content Creation
- Social Media Management
- Graphic Design
- Lead Generation
- White Label Services
Whether our business is just getting started and needs to create a new brand, or our marketing/branding is beginning to feel stale and ineffective, The Brandsmen can help our business. We are very flexible in the way that we work with their clients.
Their services range from offering a full stop marketing and branding solution, to simply helping out with a specific aspect of their marketing strategy. They are an award winning creative agency and one of the top rated in the Denver, Colorado area.
Adstuck: AdStuck is a Mobile Marketing Solutions firm. A company of super humans who have deep standing in Augmented Reality, App based solutions and are front-runner in technologies which create special connect between Brands and Target Population. Alive: mbillionth and Smarty Award 2013 Areal: Greatest AR Platform ‘ALIVE’ App Wins Aegis Graham Bell Awards 2013.
Software publishing, consultancy and supply [Software publishing includes production, supply and documentation of ready-made (non-customized) software, operating systems software, business & other applications software, computer games software for all platforms. Consultancy includes providing the best solution in the form of custom software after analysing the users’ needs and problems. Custom software also includes made-to-order software based on orders from specific users. Also, included are writing of software of any kind following directives of the users; software maintenance, web-page design.
North Star HQ: Digital marketing and social selling require direction, commitment, and technology to bridge the gap.
Their brains are hardwired to respond to connection. Yet, companies waste 76% of internet leads by not following up. There’s a digital marketing solution. These transformative technologies help marketers seize the full potential of one-to-one digital marketing at scale.
- Digital advertising with artificial intelligence, deep learning, and machine learning
- Personalized sales automation with lead nurture through a CRM like Hubspot
- Automated LinkedIn messaging and follow up conversations for meetings booked
- Advertising with mobile and geo-location technologies
- Integrated, full-cycle performance marketing
Designed exclusively for:
- Growth stage companies seeking sustainable digital marketing, sales, and lead generation programs.
- Companies in advanced B2B industries such as advanced manufacturing, construction, bioscience, electronics, energy, engineering, and technology.
- Companies navigating essential technologies to support the complete marketing cycle.
Never Settle: Denver’s leading Digital Agency serving clients around the world, that you can also trust with your business technology, design, and marketing needs.
They serve both enterprise and small business. They develop impactful user experiences to tell your story to the world at a price small businesses can afford. Our services are trusted by 600+ businesses & our products have more than 1M users! We’re a relationally based business and we’d love to partner with you in your business technology, marketing, and design needs.
Big Buzz: Big Buzz (previously Viv Healthcare Marketing) is a full-service marketing agency focused on marketing strategies for bioscience, MedTech, senior living organizations, and specialty clinics.
Leading healthcare organizations across the nation know and trust Big Buzz as healthcare marketing experts. After more than 11 years serving the industry, we understand the difficulties that go with simplifying complex ideas. Big Buzz provides comprehensive healthcare marketing strategies that are custom-made for each client. This is data-driven, accountable marketing at its finest.
Big Buzz is adept at delivering more than 50 different marketing strategies and tactics – strategies like competitive analysis, brand development, and value proposition development; and, tactics like website development, direct mail, and mobile app development, just to name a few.
Encite Marketing: Encite Marketing is a full-service, boutique marketing and advertising agency in Denver, Colorado committed to building great brands and strategic marketing plans. From inspiration to execution, we develop the best ideas into projects and campaigns that allow small businesses and corporations to effectively market their products, services, and events.
To ensure successful marketing, we use a variety of techniques, including market research, conceptualization, analysis, and evaluation. We execute each marketing project and campaign with an 8-step process that delivers effective, strategic ideas in a short timeframe.
Whether you want to market a product, a service, an event, a company, or even yourself, we will start the marketing process by learning about your target market, audience, and goals. We are committed to helping you achieve your marketing goals, whether you want to launch a new product or service, increase sales, improve customer experiences, or become the leader in your industry.