Newsletter is a printed or electronic report containing news concerning of the activities of a business or an organisation that is sent to its members, customers, employees or other subscribers. Newsletters generally contain one main topic of interest to its recipients. A newsletter may be considered grey lectures. E-newsletters are delivered electronically via email and can be viewed as spamming if email marketing is sent unsolicited. Newsletter marketing is a form of direct-to-consumer advertising. This is used by companies that want to send information directly to potential and existing customers. When received unsolicited, they can be seen as spam. Newsletters are also used by organizations to inform their members of ongoing developments.
Newsletter marketing is a process where companies send informational and product or service focussed content through a email letter to the subscriber list that comprises companies potential customers. Online business use newsletter marketing to keep their brand in the mind of the customers. It has quantifiable impact on business. Mostly effective newsletters are focuses on giving information rather than focusing on sales. The content of newsletters should be interesting, entertaining, and educating so that consumers can be interested in that. Business of different industries uses newsletter marketing to reach their target audience to create their brand awareness amongst them. Email is used by vast majority of companies today to get connected. It is cheap, fast, and it produces data that can be more easily studied to create more relevant newsletters. Newsletter contains everything from industry news, to interesting statistic. Email newsletters contain information about multiple products, sales, or company initiatives, news, and updates, to keep the audience engaged. Low cost and related ease of creating email newsletters makes it easy for most businesses to maintain their marketing strategy. It relies on providing high quality, interesting newsletter on consistent basis. It is a tool used to communicate regularly with your subscriber’s. A newsletter is build based on the HTML language with precise rule of construction, something different from those used in the sites, as it faces numbers of software that will interpret this HTML and then show the user. It is known as cost effective and most profitable marketing channels. They are often used for variety of purposes and they come in many different forms. Some are weekly digests of content, some are quarterly organization updates, and other promotes new products.
Elements of newsletters are:
- Creative headlines: Creative headlines should attract readers to open and react on that newsletter. Subject lines should entice the reader to open the email and accurately represent its contents.
- Subject line: It is the first thing people consider when they open an email. The perfect length of the subject line is around 30-50 symbols, and it depends on your style and goals. Whatever the length, an email newsletter is more likely to be opened when the subject line is creative, funny, and intriguing.
- Template & Design: It must look professional and conform to the brand’s visual identity to achieve specific targets. The recipient should recognize the brand by the colours, forms, and fonts used in the email newsletter.
- Relevant and consistently scheduled: the information newsletter contain should be specific to the targeted audiences and it should be published in regular intervals to get maximum effect. .
- Strong call to action: Every newsletter should have a desired action to be performed by the reader. It should be that much creative so that it can attract consumers to react on it.
- Uncluttered format: If leads are confused or overwhelmed by the formatting, they are more likely to unsubscribe or be disengaged with the newsletter.
- Mobile responsiveness: More people are using mobile devices to check email and shop online. Companies need to make sure their newsletters are optimized for tablets and Smartphone’s for the best results. It should be mobile friendly.
- Unsubscribe link: Businesses want to keep leads as happy as possible, even if that means losing their subscription to a newsletter. Furthermore, opt-in forms must be visible for potential customers to sign up.
- Incentive: Rewards will not only attract consumers to opt into newsletter marketing, but to make a purchase. It attracts subscriber’s attention.
- Sender’s name: It is the first thing recipients see alongside the subject line. Using real name makes your email newsletter sound friendlier. It’s another way to cut the distance between a business and its customers and humanize communication.
Why newsletter marketing is important for your business?
- It maintains regular contact between organisation and its potential customers
- It gives a full coverage of potential target consumers.
- It is considered to be one of the most effective marketing strategies for any form of business.
- It attracts direct traffic to your website which eventually increases its ranking in internet world.
- It gives the feeling of personal relationship between both the parties which eventually creates the feeling of personal connection.
- It keeps subscribers update about current news, offers, new product launch, and many other information of their interest.
- It gives the sense of credibility to the subscribers.
- It creates consumer Insight which is an interpretation of trends in human behaviours which aims to increase the effectiveness of a product or service for the consumer,
- It builds a great relationship between both the parties.
Nonprofits organizations have been using monthly, bimonthly, and weekly newsletters to update their supporters about their latest events and achievements. It is considered to be a essential communication tool. As we know newsletters has the ability to inspire, connect, and raise money. The content makes the difference. The great things about newsletters is the quick snapshot of the content right at the top. It allows a reader to easily click down to what they’re interested in. Having a consistent newsletters schedule is one of the best non-profit email marketing strategies.
Tips for non-profit newsletters are:
- Clean-up your email list: healthy email list is essential if you want your non-profit newsletters to be effective. Make sure you ask every email subscribers for permission to join your list. It your open and click rates are low them you should re-evaluate your email list.
- Keep consistent: the key to keeping supporters informed is frequency and consistency. The easiest way to go about this is to create an editorial calendar.
- Pay attention to design: Good design increases the chances of subscribers answering your call to actions and keeps their experience positive even when they run into problems. Use the white space positively. Pick proper fonts and font sizes. Choose colour mindfully, keep your background light and use your colour as accents only.
- Think about your subject line: it is the first thing everyone notices. Keep it short; include a time-element in it. Keep it personalised and test it to understand which subject line and email generate the highest open and click rates.
- Make the content useful: what your supporter are interested in depends a lot on who they are and what you do, but generally, they want to know what you’ve achieved as an organization and how their support has helped you.
- Keep it concise: it is always suggested to start by thanking about what is the most important information you need to convey and make your newsletter scannable with bold headlines and bullet points where applicable. Using short paragraph is always suggested as they are easier to skim.
You should newsletters for non profits because:
- It’s free and affordable
- Easy to send
- Quick to deliver results
- Effective for fundraising
- Increases brand visibility
Top 10 Newsletters example for nonprofits are:
- Feeding America
- Charity: Water
- American Diabetes Association
- Mercy Corps
- Natioal Wildlife federation
- Alzheimer’s Society
- SA Museum of Art
If you have any questions or need help with your email campaigns, Adstuck can be the perfect partner for you.
As you are searching for Email Marketing company Adstuck is a great Email marketing service provider in the Market:
Adstuck Consulting Private Limited is a Private incorporated on 23 January 2012. It is classified as Non govt Company and is registered at Registrar of Companies, Delhi.
Adstuck is an Email Marketing agency working from all over the world with four locations India, Singapore, Estonia and US. Its mission is to provide instant access to a talented workforce to enterprise. They have 491 clients and worked over 700 projects, with 30 fortunes 500 firms.
Their marketing automating tools lets you trigger marketing emails based on a number of different actions your contacts take. It is very popular emailing platform among small business as well as established business. It is considered to be the top choice for companies. They are specialized in sending mass marketing emails and both are equipped with more complex tools.
It is a strong and leading digital Email marketing service provider which can help you with cost cutting, plan execution, perfect reporting, strategy making, data collecting, and response collection from consumers. It handles all the aspects of your business. They don’t focus only on new on emerging brands who wants entail success and distribution in the market but also on brands that have successfully established the customer retail space, and need some assistance in managing their business.
They accelerate sales and marketing by working on complete digital marketing, making setup by marketing automation, and focus on sales by digital marketing, doing branding, ecommerce, and programmatic, social, search and affiliate. Adstuck will successfully use all your capabilities in such a form that it will turn into your future shields. It will help you to achieve Digital Marketing, strategy, Media buying, Ad optimization, Search engine optimization and marketing management. It builds brand awareness, as well as increase revenue generating from social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and more. This company provide marketing management services like result-driving strategy planning which is important for every brand, content creation, content publishing, and monitor results, manage and implement campaigns and community management, and many more. Adstuck is specialized marketing management agency which gives you access to one or more of the services at the same time. Whether you want to launch new product or want to boost up the sale of existing product Adstuck will help you to archive your entire goal in least time possible. It is all service provider agency which is like a one-stop-shop for everything you will require.
Adstuck have expertise working in every field who works closely with you to fulfil your goals and requirements.
For more details: